Good news! There is a new number now in place for when you Pay by Text, which will mean better coverage for some networks, and quicker replies. This is just one new feature that we are putting in place to improve the ease of use of Bristol Pounds. This new number is 07441 900 333. The old number will continue to work until late April 2017 after which payments and other transactions will no longer go through on that number.
So, what do you need to do?
As a personal member:
ACTION: Update the number in your phone contacts now. If you use the app, accept the incoming update.
As a business member:
ACTION: Change your Pay by Text POS sign. You should have received new POS in the post. If you have not please contact us on 0117 929 8642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll arrange for it to be sent to you.
Updating the app
If you use the Bristol Pound app and do not have apps set up to automatically update, you will need to access your app store and update the app.
- For Apple products, open the iTunes App Store and tap the Updates icon at the bottom of the screen.
- For Android, go to the Play Store, choose My Apps & Games, find the Bristol Pound app and choose update.
- For Windows Phone, go to the Store app, choose Settings, then choose the Check for Updates button.
Why is the number changing?
We are changing the number for several reasons:
- to improve coverage and allow quicker confirmation texts
- to reduce operating costs (the cost to us to send the confirmation texts)
- to increase future functionality
Thank you for continuing to support the Bristol Pound and Bristol’s local economy. If you have any issues or queries please get in touch.